Thursday, August 22, 2013

A Visit To America's Ugly Hat

One of the greatest things, when living out of town, is when your parents come in town and for us, that was last weekend.


We spent the whole weekend gallivanting around Victoria, British Columbia like we didn't have a care in the world.

The first day we were there, we went to Butchart Gardens.


It was beautiful, but it was way too expensive.

I'm talking $35 a person.

I told TJ for that money, their better be a freakin' roller coaster in there.

There wasn't.

Then it was onto a double decker bus tour around the island.


We thought that this would be a good way to figure out what we wanted to do for the rest of the weekend.

The boys liked it for about 15 minutes, and then it was time to start entertaining them.


We tried everything.


Then we went to have dinner.

Now, if you head out to Victoria, make sure you eat at Red Fish Blue Fish.



My Dad served an LDS Mission in England for two years and even HE said that they had the best fish and chips he has ever had.



We ate there twice and we would have eaten there more if the line wasn't so freaking long.

So, the next day was quite the adventure.

We had a little car accident


Got pooped on by someone (I won't mention names)


and then someone threw up in the backseat (again, I won't mention names)


But seriously, we still had a great day!

We ended that day on the beach searching for crabs and skipping rocks.




We also went to the Museum of History there.

It was a big hit.


But I think one of the coolest parts was the three hour Ferry we took to get to Victoria and back.

There is nothing like boating through the San Juan Islands.





Come back soon Mom and Dad!  

We had so much fun and miss you!

3 comments:

Allison said...

I love the San Juan Islands. We used to go there when I was really young- so beautiful!

Allison said...

I love the San Juan Islands. We used to go there when I was really young- so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love fish and chips...we're headed that way next summer to pick blueberries , maybe we'll have to stop in and say hello